A business blog is a must-have for every business owner; whether you have a website for your business, your business is bricks and mortar only or if your business is only on the Internet. If you are in any type of business at all, you need to have a business blog.
Here are our business blogging tips :
Blogging has become the way to drive new traffic to your business, wherever the business is based. This is because your customers can connect to you personally through your blog, even if you use it just for business.
When you write a post for your blog, your readers, subscribers and customers get to know a little bit about the person behind the business. And as long as you’re posting quality, trustworthy content your readers will come to trust you. Therefore, they will then begin to buy your products or retain services that you offer.
Your business blog should reveal a little about the person behind the business, but it should never be too personal. Having an “About” page on your blog is a very good place to display a little about your personal life, but not too much. Keep it professional, but let your audience know who you are as a business person. The “About” page is also a great place to display your qualifications, merits and credentials for your business.
Once your business blog is up and running, you will then use it to connect with people on the Internet through stories, talking about promotions or sales, and letting the public know your business exists. Having a business blog is the most important marketing tool your business should have. If you don’t have a business blog yet, and don’t even know where to begin, hire a virtual assistant [VA] to start one for you. A VA could even then maintain and manage it for you if you feel you don’t have the time. But, by doing whatever it takes to get a business blog started now, soon you will see an increase in your business traffic and more traffic means more sales.
Here are some ideas for business blog posts:
- Take a photo. Share a picture instead of words!
- Share a relevant YouTube video. Perhaps even analyze it a bit in your post. It doesn’t require a lot of work to watch and then find the best videos.
- Shoot a video of your own. People love to see a blogger’s face rather than just read their words.
- Comment on another blog post on your blog. For example, if another well known blogger makes a strong statement, respond to that statement on your blog.
- Comment on a news event and on how it relates to your field.