New bloggers often want to know how they can encourage more people to post comments on their blogs and join discussions.
The first thing to say is that to get lots of comments you need to getting quite a lot of visitors to your blog, so if you have low traffic, then naturally this will mean that you will have low numbers of comments. So if you are just starting out and you’re not getting comments or feedback, then don’t despair, get marketing!
Proactively marketing your blog to potential readers is something you need to think about and be prepared to do every time you post to your blog. If you are marketing your blog then it gets easier to encourage blog comments.
Here are some tips to help you get started marketing your blog:
– Find some interesting bloggers and talk about their blogs, posts you found that were interesting etc, remembering to reference their site – hopefully they will stop by your blog and leave you a comment.
– Try writing blogs which ask your readers a question.
– Write about something that’s topical and in the news at the moment – it doesn’t have to be serious, just ensure it fits with the themes of your blog.
– Add a poll to your post.
– Search out other bloggers and comment on their blogs, if you develop a good enough relationship and link to their blog then they may reciprocate which will improve your traffic.
– Don’t be afraid of controversy – you’ve got a strong opinion? Then blog about it ! The chances are you’ll attract others with strong opinions on the subject who’ll want to start a discussion.
– Make sure that if someone does comment on your blog, you respond to them.